2026-08-15

Exchange Online versus on-premise environment

Let's assume there are:
  • (MF) main forest - source of the indentities - single user = single account
  • (RF) resource forest - linked mailboxes - Exchange attributes
  • (AT) tenant - with migrated mailboxes
Sometime I can see object in AADC/EIDC:
  • AT connector
  • MF connector
Sometime it's build of:
  • AT connector
  • RF connector
In this particular hybrid configuration part of attributes are managed by IAM in MF, rest of attributes come from RF. To properly build object MV (metaverse) must be build with the three connectors - MF - main account, RF - resource account - linked mailbox and finally AT - object in Azure.

I'm not sure who is responsible for two strange cases. I don't know - maybe IAM team, maybe EXO team, finally - me - guy responsible for Active Directory, AADC/EIDC and partially for Azure I should repair it. So how to enforce AADC/EIDC in this case to properly connect them:
  • ms-DS-ConsistencyGuid - present on MF account usually is equal to Base64 objectGuid of the MF account itself
  • ms-DS-ConsistencyGuid - in Base64 format should be on AT account as immutableId
  • ms-DS-ConsistencyGuid - can't be present on RF account or... this account will be a placeholder - so on RF account this attribute must be empty - null
  • msExchMasterAccountSid - on RF account must be equal SID's of MF account.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz