2026-08-24

schema isDefunct - hide attribute

 First test deactivation of attribute:

  • created custom attribute - emptyAttribute1 (ldap emptyAttr1), some oid, OMx 64
  • custom attribute added to class User (I know, it should be auxiliary class)
  • few user objects created - few of them with this attribute populated
  • all test accounts deleted - moved to trash - recycle bin
  • all restored - without issue
  • all test accounts deleted again - in recycle bin 
  • isDefunct = True set on attribute 
  • I can't restore them
Second test undelete:
  • try to add mayContain in user class - error 0x57 - error in attribute conversion
    • 00000057: LdapErr: DSID‑0C090EBF, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation
  • isDefunct cleared (means False)
  • few errors - but finally success - maybe I must close dialog boxes - they have their own cache - cache of threads connected with dialog boxes
  • now attribute is in class... lets try to recover objects - still error with user objects with attribute unhidden
  • attribute is not reachable from ADUC, but from Powershell is visible, can be set
  • ok - finally I can restore object 
  • can I defunct attribute now? no, I have 2 objects with this value...
    • 0x20C2 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM) + data 8386 → „attribute is used in may‑contain”
  • - let's try to clear the value... cleared - still can't defunct, let's populate it again and try to remove from may contain
  • removed from maycontain - it is possible with objects with this value
  • now isDefunct=TRUE is possible - objects still have this value
  • I can change value of attribute that is already set
  • ok, now I have error in Powershell - parameter is incorrec - so I should wait - even in lab with the single server
  • objects have been deleted, isDefunct=TRUE, in theory they don't have attributes set - before removal - no attributes visible, even from Powershell
  • isDefunct cleared  - can I restore object? no, I must add to mayContain
  • I can't add to mayContain - error in attribute conversion... why? dialog boxes or Search Flags? 
  • Bingo! searchFlags must be cleared - now I can add to mayContain, can I recover accounts?
  • yes - 5 minutes waiting - accounts undeleted
Summary:
  • to recover objects with isDefunct attributes
    • clear isDefunct in attribute
    • clear SearchFlags in attribute
    • add attribte to mayContain in class
    • wait 5 minutes (in lab)
    • recover
Observation - important:
  • objects can have values in attributes not active anymore - attributes in state inDecfunct=TRUE, class mayContain - cleared with these attributes

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz